Hi, I noticed a long time ago that there’s something wrong with my friend because he always acted weird. I found out recently that he suffers from schizophrenia. Can you tell me something about this mental disorder?

Hi, schizophrenia is a mental disorder that is characterized with social or occupational dysfunction, impairments in the perception and shaken reality. Your friend probably have symptoms such as disorganized thinking, delusions and auditory hallucinations. Schizophrenia is not involved just in cognition, but also in behavior and emotion. That’s why you noticed that something was wrong with your friend. Schizophrenia cannot be biologically tested, but it is proven that it’s involved with genetics, neurobiology and social environment. People with this disorder often have other disorders too. These following disorders are often physical. That’s why schizophrenics often live shorter than the other healthy people.