Well, Friday morning I awoke and right away, I felt this severe pain in my head. As the day went on, my systems, such as feeling off balanced got worse. Then all of a sudden as I tried to look at my mother, it was like she was disappearing before my eye's. As if, pulling a window shade down over my sight/eye's. I then became weak, and felt as if I was about to go down. I sat down, got something to eat, but this really did not help. The only thing going through my mind was, "I need to cool down, I'm to hot!" I went outside in the rain and it seem to help for a moment. This is now Sunday and I feel a little better, but it is not over. I feel a tightness in my chest and if I get the least bit excited or even talk more then 3 to 4 minute's I feel like I am losing my breath and that tightness in my chest gets to the point of pain.  I just don't feel like myself! I know something is not right, but I have never felt this way before and I am dumbfounded. I am a 50 year old female if that helps?

Hello Detroitlady,

You have a number of symptoms that can describe many different conditions.  In fact about 50 of them.  It's possible that you have low blood pressure and when you got up your blood rushed down towards your lower extremeties.  This can cause loss of vision, headache and a tightness in your chest.  You mentioned feeling hot.  Are you going through menopause at this time?  You may be experiencing menopausal symptoms.  You might want to see your doctor and get a checkup to find out where your estrogen levels are.  I think at your age it's a good idea to have a check up anyway.