I've noticed when I do a run/walk at certain times of the day (especially around 3-5pm) that I tend to get sort of light headed but not dizzy and also "cold" when it's hot obviously outside. I always sweat alot and it's always pretty hot and humid here in So Florida. I carry water with me when I exercise and drink often. Today, I felt goosebumps up and down my arms and legs and felt a bit lightheaded, so I walked the rest of my miles til I could get to my car. Do you think this might be heat exhaustion? What does one do for this?

Well it sounds like you're drinking enough water, so I don't think it could be heat exhaustion...but, even if you're drinking a ton of water, if your whole run is directly under the sun with no shade you could still be getting it.

Or, perhaps you are just drinking too MUCH water. I forgot the term, but if you drink too much water, you can actually dilute your too much and it can be bad for you.

I drink 24oz while exercising. I am not sure if that is alot or too little. And I guess I should mention that I've taken a lot of sinus/allergies medicine over the last two weeks. That usually makes me feel dehydrated as well...

Hmm, I wonder if it could be that...I know when I had to take medicine for a sinus infection I felt too dizzy to run.

Chills while running in heat has something to do with dilation (or is it constriction?) of the capillaries? Seems I heard something about that, or read it somewhere.

In any event, chills while exercising (or doing anything else) in heat, high humidity, or direct sunlight CAN SOMETIMES be a sign of early onset heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Here are the first 3 symptoms of heat illness:

Weakness

Chills

Goose pimples on the chest and upper arms

The next one is nausea, and usually means you've pushed too far and better back off and get some water as soon as possible, and cool yourself off!

You know your body best of all, of course!