I fell down the stairs about 4 months after my twins were born and since then after having my son, because, of balance problems, I have fallen down the stairs at least 4 more times. For a period of a little over 3 years now, I have expierenced off and on these symptons. Pain, numbness, tingling, stiffness in the left side of my neck radiating down the neck to my shoulder, upper arm and even tingling and numbness in my left pinky. As well as blacking out, vision disturbances in my left eye and hearing problems in my left ear. I also have lower back pain, with sharp shooting to achey pain in my left buttock, hip, thigh, heel and foot. I also have problems with memory that seem to be getting alot worse as well as have experienced a few black outs. I also wake up in the middle of the night often with severe neck, arm and hand pain to the point that I just can't move them.

So I went to my doctor finally because, it all seems to be getting worse and i am unablt to manage on my own anymore. My doctor sent me for an MRI on my lower spine. ( I didn't go into full detail with him about my neck and shoulder problems, just the lower back. ). The MRI apparently came back not so great I am assuming, all I got was a phone call a week later telling me I have been referred to a specialist. I went and got the results myself from the lab that did the MRI.

It breaks down as such. Trilevel degenerative disc disease and protrucions with annular rents and arthropathy in L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, Diffusely hypointense bone marrow is consistent with chronic anemia and hemangiomas are noted in the bodies of T11 and L5.

Does or can any help me in understanding what any of that means? And should I also see about an MRI or x-ray on my neck? Any advice and answers would be greatly appreciated.

For starters, ask a professional. If a doctor or report told you what is the problem, the next step is a professional doctor. Spinal expert mainly! Numbness and hurting legs/feet is a nerve/disc problem. Only because I have the same thing in my neck with surgery in the morning. Theraphy helps some not all. Surgery helps some not all.

Please go ask your doctor your opinions. It will answer your questions and your doubts and concerns. It will ease your mind from reading too much on these message boards. Take Care and congrats on your twins.