A friend of mine is into health foods and new age stuff. I don't know anything about these things myself, but I am obese and have been trying to lose weight. Now my friend said that I should try wheatgrass juice, which she drinks every day and apparently it has a lot of nutritional benefits. Can you tell me if that is true? What benefits are we talking about?

I have heard that wheatgrass juice is very good for those doing a detox, which is perhaps why your friend recommended it to you? I know that there are quite a few benefits - wheatgrass juice is full of enzymes, vitamins and minerals and amino acids. You can replace a meal every day with wheatgrass juice (I recommend breakfast) to help you lose weight.

I can't say enough about it! Being in the Army has brought me into contact with all sorts of junk. Radioactive Depleted Uranium, hazardous chemicals, toxic dust, you name it and I've probably breathed it in or had it on my skin. Not to mention the vaccines! Well.....I've started juicing and feel better than I have in years!. My skin has cleared up, my scars from surgery have stopped hurting, my hair is growing in thicker, signs of aging have seemed to disappear (I've received several comments) and I just recently used it to detox after a cortisone shot. My father has stage 3B lung cancer and has just begun taking it with his radiation and chemotherapy. I pray that it helps with that too!

You really have nothing to lose by trying it. It's super easy to grow in the house, and very cheap to buy through Amazon.