Does anyone have any info or experience juicing to help liver regain health and function, specifically doing after several years of alcohol consumption (1/2 - almost a pint of vodka daily)? I've been to the juicing forum, but there is no info there regarding this. I started a raw veggie and fruit juicing program 4 days ago, and I'm wondering exactly what to expect. Can I help my liver heal itself? Any info would be much appreciated.

Beet juice has been known to clean the liver, although watch out! It can be really rough. Start with 1/4 beet mixed with carrots, celery, parsley, and maybe some ginger for taste. And then build up. 1/2 beet after 4-5 days. 1 beet after 10 days, for example. Also, wheatgrass is a a great detoxifier.

Finally, a coffee enema is a wonderful internal organ cleanser. All the best!

Many thanks for your reply. I'll get some beets today. Can you tell me what you mean by it being rough?

Hi, I would get the book Juicing for Life. It has a section on liver cleansing.

I use tepid water with slices of lemon leave the skin on its a good all round detox

From my juicer recipe book dreamy detox 2 Apples Golden Delicious 1 slice lemon with rind on 1 inch of sliced cucumber 1 stick of celery 1 inch piece of fresh ginger and ice Apple and Cucumber are amazing for flushing out and cleansing the system.Celery helps to flush the body of excess carbon dioxide and reduce acidity in the body.Ginger is a well known antibiotic and superb decongestant.Lemon is a powerful for the removal of Harmful Bacteria and Toxins from the intestinal tract and is also amazing at cleaning the liver and kidneys. :)