I need information on OCD. What exactly is OCD, what are it’s symptoms and what is the treatment (if there is one).
I am very grateful for any reply!

Hey!
Firstly, I would like to clarify what OCD is. OCD stands for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. That is a anxiety disorder, which is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions), such as handwashing, cleaning, checking… these rituals provide only temporary relief and if they are not performed, the anxiety is increased.
Symptoms, as written, are for example the urge to do something…for example hand washing (this action happens over and over again)… and similar actions, such as driving around the block to see if there is an accident. People with OCD are plagued with persistent and not wanted thoughts or images or need to do certain actions (as earlier said, hand washing).
Firstly, it was thought that this is not curable disease … however there are treatments for OCD. In general with anxiety disorders there are two types of treatment available; medication and psychotherapy; choice depends on patients need and preference.
I really hope this was some useful information for you

I have quite severe OCD and am willing to talk to anyone else who shares the same thing.
This illness is horrible, and as a 16 year old boy, with my GCSEs around the corner. It can be SO stressful.
I understand this, and i am knew to this site, not sure wether theres some sort of private messaging system?

Hi! There is no private messaging, they are only available for moderators. All the conversations take place within posts, so that many other people could benefit from someone else's experience!