My grandma has a hip fracture. She needs to go to surgery because of that. I’m worried a lot. I know very little about hip fracture. If I understood well, it is more common in older people. Can somebody explain to me why is hip fracture so common in elderly? Thanks!

The hip fractures are most common in people older than 65 years. A broken hip in the elderly can be explained primarily by weak bones and osteoporosis. As you age, your bones slowly lose minerals and become less dense. Hip fractures in the elderly are most often caused by a fall.

Hi there,
Hip fractures are very common in older people. You have to understand that older people have much weaker bones then younger people and the hips often tend to get weaker as well. You don’t have to be worried about the surgery too much, because the surgery is a little complicated but doctors usually don’t have any problems in performing this kind of surgery. How long has he been suffering from problems with her hip? I am not really sure about the whole procedure but IO know that in some cases they insert a new hip or they strengthen the old one with screws. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco