I had a really bad fall yesterday. Since that I’m suffering from really bad pain around my hip. Maybe I have a hip fracture. I know that I need to go to doctor and I will go tomorrow. But I’m wondering what if hip fracture is untreated? Is it dangerous?

Well, you need to know that it’s very dangerous to left hip fracture untreated. Many medical problems such as blood clots, pneumonia and pressure sores occur in elderly patients who are confined to bed for this length of time. Non-operative treatment means that you would need to be in bed on traction for at least 6 weeks.

Hallo,
Hip fractures are very dangerous. I know that hip fractures usually happen in elderly people but younger people can have them too. It is very important to treat your hip fracture because it can give you trouble all of your life later. I think that you need to talk to your doctor about this, and see if there aren’t any fractures of the bone. Also you will most likely feel the pain all the time and you can limp if your hip is not treated on time. As you can see this is very dangerous so be careful. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen