My grandmother has osteoporosis for few years and now she has a Femoral neck fracture. She will go to hospital tomorrow and I think that she will have an operation. I’m not informed enough about this kind of hip fracture. Can somebody tell me how to treat Femoral neck fracture? Thanks!

Treatment of femoral neck hip fractures depends on several factors. Usually it consists of surgery. It involves removing the broken pieces because the blood supply to the femoral head has been damaged. Surgery is performed as soon as possible after admission to hospital. Pain should gradually decrease after surgery, and the ability to walk improves.

Hallo,
I know that femoral neck fracture is not a simple fracture and it causes a lot of pain. There are several ways to treat this injury. However I think that the best option would be to have a surgery where the doctor will insert the screws in order to fixate your femoral neck. How severe is she fracture and how long has she been having this problem? Is she using any medication right now? I know that hip injuries tend to happen to elderly people because their bones get weaker as they get older. I hope that this helped you and your grandmother in any possible way.

All the best to you,
Karen