I think I have a Femoral neck fracture. I’m not sure but think that I have all symptoms. I will go to doctor tomorrow. I’m afraid a lot. Please, can somebody with experience tell me how is Femoral neck fracture detected? What can I expect? I want to prepare myself for it. Thanks!

First you should go to doctor as soon as you can, then your will determine that you have a hip fracture based on your symptoms and by observing the abnormal position of your hip and leg. Then you will go to X-ray. That’s necessary. It will show what part of your hip is fractured.

Hi there,
Can you tell me how old are you? I know that Femoral neck fractures in younger people are usually caused by high energy trauma. Well I can tell you several symptoms of Femoral neck fracture and you can than see if you have of these symptoms. For instance you will most likely have hip swelling, bone tenderness and knee pain. Also you might notice that you are limping or you have inability to walk. Do you have any hip tenderness or maybe if you have noticed any bruising in the hip? You will also have weakness in your leg as well. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco