Hi, guys. My father in law fell of his bike and he broke his hip. I think he was diagnosed a femoral neck fracture. Orthopedic suggests surgery, but I am not so sure. Can anyone fill me in with little more details considering this matter? I would really appreciate this. Bye!

Hello. If the fracture is not displaced, perhaps there is no need for surgery. Displaced means that bones are not moved away from a joint. If the fracture is displaced, whether there will be an operation or not, it will depend on one’s age and activity. Tension fractures are unstable and require surgery. Compression fractures are more stable and they are not obliging for a surgery. In any case, there should be an individual approach in this. I hope that orthopedic is good. Please, don’t hesitate to ask me anything you are interested in. I will try to help. Bye!