My mother had a hip fracture. She went to surgery last week. Her doctor said that she will be ok soon but I’m worried because she still feels very annoying pain. She is very nervous because of it. Does anybody know how to ease pain after hip fracture? Some good advice? Thanks!

I think that heat can help. True heat in the form of a moist hot pack, a heating pad, or warm shower or bath is more beneficial than creams that merely give the feeling of heat. Hot packs are usually placed on the sore area for 15 to 20 minutes up to four times each day.

Hallo,
Hip fractures are very problematic and if I am not mistaking the most hip fractures happen to elderly people. This happens because their bones get weaker when they get older. The pain is not easy to get rid of. I think that she will be able to take some pain killers that will ease the pain in some amount. Also she needs to rest as much as she cans in order not to stress her hip too much. You have to tell her that she can not move as she used to because hip injuries are very problematic. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

My mom is recovering fron a hip fracture corrected with surgery using pins and plates. They say she needs to move every hour and do exerciser twice a day. The more she moves the pain decreases. Muscles being used, they do not get stiff.