Today I heard that one of my good friends got a skull fracture in a car accident. As I know skull fracture can be very dangerous and now I’m worried a lot. Can somebody tell me something more about treatment after skull fracture? Do people with skull fractures need to have surgery?

Well, there are several kinds of skull fractures. You should know that many skull fractures do not require surgery. Just the more severe skull fracture. But in any case people after head injuries need to go to doctor immediately to check their heads. Some of them must stay in hospital for awhile.

Hallo,
You have to understand that every skull fracture is not the same and that every fracture needs special attention. Also skull fractures can be divided in the sections of the skull so treating them is little different in every case. However if the skull fracture is not severe the treatment doesn’t require much time. However if the skull fractures are more severe than the treatment may even require surgery. Can you tell me more about his accident and his skull fracture? His doctor will examine him and decide if he needs surgery or not. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen