I’ve just heard that my little cousin hurt his shoulder really badly today while he was playing football. He has clavicle fracture. I’m worried a lot. I’m not sure that I know what that’s mean exactly. Please, tell me what is treatment for clavicle fracture? Does he need to have a surgery?

Don’t worry. Usually clavicle fracture isn’t so dangerous. It is unusual for a clavicle fracture to require surgery. In the most cases treatment with a sling is enough but necessary. The most common way to treat the fractures is immobilization with a sling. The pain medications may be helpful very much.

Hi there,
Clavicle fractures are very complicated. The treatment depends on the severity of the fracture but none the less he has to see a doctor in order to first get the right diagnose and then to see what is the best treatment option for his. In some cases the surgery is necessary where the doctor will try to reconnect the bones. I am not sure what is the exact process of the surgery but I know that the recovery will last long. This is not a simple fracture because clavicle bone is very important bone of the shoulder. I hope that this helped you and him in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco