I guess there are a lot of guys that think that oral AAS are good to take right before a workout. I think that is placebo. I would like to know how AAS works. What is the psychological effect of AAS?

I can tell you what I’ve read about AAS. I know lots of people who think that taking oral AAS before workouts has effect. Those are conclusions from various researches. The use of AAS have been associated numerous changes in physiological function. They can increase strength and muscle mass when accompanied by adequate protein, calories and intense training, improve nitrogen utilization and promote positive nitrogen balance by the reversal of catabolic processes. Anabolic steroids can improve nitrogen balance and increase the concentration of total plasma amino acids and this seems to be due to an amino acid saving mechanism with a renal site of action. Intense training can serve to maintain a relative state of chronic catabolism, so the requirements for protein and calories appear to increase when training with the aid of anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroids may play a physiological role in the regulation of fatty acid oxidation in liver and fast twitch muscle mitochondria even in the absence of intense physical training. I hope you’ll find this useful.