I know everyone will say I am stupid, but I have to ask this. Four days ago I had oral sex with one guy. Problem is that we did it without any protection, and it is known he used to have a lot of girls before. Now I am worried, and I know is too late, that maybe I have got some sexually transmitted disease. I want to know more about STD’s which are able to be transmitted with oral sex, since I have this tongue discomfort since we done that.

STDs, once called venereal diseases, are among the most common diseases in the world. STDs are diseases that you get by having sexual contact, no matter if that is vaginal, oral, or anal. Caused by a number of bacteria and viruses, more than 20 STDs can affect both women and men. While some STDs can be cured, others are life long and can’t be cured. STDs can cause life-threatening conditions, particularly when they are not treated. Experts believe that having an STD can increase a person's chances for getting infected with HIV. It is very common for women to have no symptoms with STDs, mostly in the early stages of illness. That’s why tongue discomfort doesn’t have to mean that is STD. It is always required to have treatment until the illness is severe, when symptoms do become present. Not getting treated early can cause serious problems like infertility. Some STDs can also be passed, during pregnancy and birth, to a baby.