I just found out that my ex was diagnosed with gonorrhea. Maybe it will sound selfish but I am so happy that I am not his current girlfriend. I would appreciate if someone could tell me more about this disease.

Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease and it can be transmitted by having oral, anal, or vaginal sex with someone who has gonorrhea. It’s caused by a type of bacteria that can grow in warm, moist areas of the reproductive tract, like the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes in women. It can also grow in the urethra in men and women. What is interesting to know is that gonorrhea can also grow in the mouth, throat, eyes, and anus. Most women who have gonorrhea have no symptoms and when a woman does have symptoms, they usually appear within 10 days of getting the gonorrhea. Women with gonorrhea are at risk of developing serious complications from the infection. Signs and symptoms of this infection are: pain while urinating, pain during intercourse, vaginal discharge, heavy bleeding, bleeding between periods etc. Gonorrhea is treated with antibiotics. I hope that these information have been helpful.

ummm i am doing a project in child development class and this is the std i chose and yes it did help with information i needed