Hello, just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation.

I've been on Yasmin for over a year and a half and although it makes you abit mental it clears up my skin really well. I also tricycle it - so I take 3 packs in a row then have a period (only 4 periods a year rather than 12) which two doctors have said is absolutely fine to do.

The problem is the last few periods I've taken after stopping the pill I've come onto my period in one to two days time but this time I think I did 3 and a bit packs then stopped and I haven't started my period for 4 days D: I took a period because I was abit worried about being pregnant and wanted to check because my tummy was feeling unusually firm and swollen, with tender breasts etc. And seeing as I may not have had a period for 3 to 4 months I could be quite pregnant without knowing!

I shall test tomorrow morning to make sure.
Anyone got any input?

If you are on Yasmin it does, like all birth control pills stop your ovulation completely and makes you infertile for the time you are taking it and even when you stop taking the birth control pills it can take months for the normal ovulation and menstrual cycle to restore. So what are you experiencing when you stop taking Yasmin after one cycle is a breakthrough bleeding, not a menstrual period - that is because hormones that are contained in BC pills affect the tissue inside your uterus which breaks apart when you go to sort of "withdrawal" from Yasmin. So, there is absolutely no chance for you to be pregnant and the symptoms you have experienced are probably just one of numerous side effects of Yasmin.

Yup I understand all of that just was wondering if there was a reason my period was later than usual. I know it's unlikely to become pregnant but the pill is only 99% effective and I've read plenty of people on the pill become pregnant by accident on the forum either through no fault of their own or just one forgotten or delayed pill. So sometimes I like to double check I am not pregnant. Thanks anyway though.