I heard that the drug Oxicontin used for treating mild to severe pain is being sold on the street and is being abused my many teenagers. They use the drug in conjunction with other drugs and alcohol? Is this true? What could the consequences be? How do we protect our children from this?

Unfortunately, what you have heard is true. Oxycontin is being sold in the streets and teenagers use it in ignorance not being able to understand the severest consequence of all-possible death. There are many cases reported that the oxycontin abuse led to death. So far, the only way to protect your children is to educate them. Talk to them about drugs, long and short term effects and problems it can cause. Let them know that no matter how exciting experimenting was, it is not so safe and that above all kills.