Hi! I heard that generic oxycontin is good pain reliever. What kind of medicine is oxycontin? How do I know if I have the right kind of pain to use oxycontin?

Hi! Oxycontin contains oxycodone, a very strong narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine. Oxycontin is designed so that the oxycodone is slowly released over time, allowing it to be used twice daily. If you have pain every day that lasts for a large part of the day, and the pain is moderate or severe in intensity, depending upon other factors in your medical history, oxycontin may be a good choice for you. Speak with your physician about this drug. He will give right instruction. I used oxycontin, as doctor told me and I didn’t have withdrawal effects.

Hi, Sorry but you got it all wrong. Oxycontin is the time relesed and oxycodone is a fast acting pain reliever not as strong as Oxycontin. A word from someone who has super chonic pain, DON`T DO THE OXYCONTIN, if you can help it. I have been on a very high dose for almost 6 years and now there just is "NO WAY" off of it w/o checking into a drug re-hab. Next step is a Morphine pain pump/ Oxycontin is just something you never want to take in high doses or for a long time. Find a better way to go.

Wrong. Oxycodone is the same drug as Oxycontin. And, it is a lie that everyone has to go to drug rehab. Just look at how "adey" had no withdrawal effects. Not that no one will have withdrawal effects but most people don't end up in rehab if they follow their doctors directions.

You are 100% right Oxycontins are Horrible to come off of and I DO NOT suggest anyone taking them without having too - really having too. I have been battling with my chronic severe pain problems for almost 10 years now (i am only 30 by the way) and i have 5 kids! It is has been very scary and difficult - i have dealt with liquid morphine, oxycontin, methadone, percocet - you name it.
I made the call to switch off of the Oxys and it was really hard! I am now trying to do the same thing with methadone but due to the amount of time i have been taking it and the high dosage the doctors are not very supportive - its just a very hard thing to be so reliant on a drug to function!
For everyone out there reading these types of posts - my prayers are with you. If you are taking these type of medications for legit medical reasons and they are prescribed to you - still be careful! It is all too easy to find yourself in an addicted situation when you legally did nothing wrong......for those of you misusing or experimenting just DO NOT its not worth it on SO MANY LEVELS
My prayers are with you all