I was talking to one friend of mine about illegal and abused drugs. He said problem occurs with methamphetamine too, and it is drug. This sounds as real medicine to me, and not something to abuse. Can you tell me if this medicine has some other name, and is it used sometimes even without reason. When methamphetamine could cause withdrawals symptoms?

Methamphetamine is also known as "speed," "meth," "crystal," "crank" or "ice,” which I believe you heard for sometimes. That is a chemical widely known for its stimulant properties on the human body. Methamphetamine is a central nervous system stimulant from the amphetamine family. Like cocaine, it produces alertness, and elation, along with a variety of side effects. The effects of methamphetamine are much longer lasting then the effects of cocaine, and their cost is roughly the same. For this reason, methamphetamine is sometimes called poor man's cocaine. It is frequently confused with other drugs that share similar symptoms, including amphetamine, 4-methyl-aminorex(ice), ephedrine, caffeine, and other both legal and illegal chemicals. In the 1930s it was sold in the U.S. as a nasal spray for treatment of inflammation of nasal passages, as for example, ephedrine still is sold for this purpose. Methamphetamine was used also as treatment for narcolepsy, which means sudden sleep disorder. It can cause withdrawal symptoms if it is stopped abruptly with usage.