I took an unpresribed oxcontin, I'm 34 wks preg. Its been 3 days since I took it, so It's out of my system, will it be in my babys when she's born.

Whats wrong with you????????????

the drug got into your blood stream, which is directly connected to your child's blood stream, which in turn subjected your unborn child to the full effects of any oxycontin high. it won't be in your system when your child is born, but don't do it again, don't do any drugs, you could quite possibly hurt or kill your child if you haven't already.

We all make mistakes!! Is the baby movement been ok since you took this? It is out of both of your ststems within 36 hrs max, As long as you only took it once.

YOur baby most likely is fine. I just would not do it sgsin while you are pregnant or breast feeding.
I have chronic pain and had to take a narcotic pain medication my entire pregnancy. I was closely moniterd by the doctor. We kept it at s low enough dose that it took away some of the pain without hurting my baby. He was born healthy and fine and not addicted thanks to my angels. Just plese dont do it again unless you are monitored by doctor

i realize it has been over a year since this question was posed, but in the interest of others who might be sent to this site through a google search, i thought i would add the information i have. any drugs ingested by the mother from around the 13th week on can be detected in the meconium (earliest stools) of the newborn. the meconium, unlike later stools, is composed entirely of materials ingested during gestation. in many states, it is required of the hospital to report to child protective services any results of the meconium test that prove positive for illicit or often abused drugs. i work for a children's hospital and see many children come through with serious problems due to the mother's "mistakes." this is a huge mistake to make during pregnancy. it's not like you slipped and ate some tuna or had one cigarette. if you are willing to expose a 34 week old fetus to something like this, what will you be o-kay exposing your child to throughout it's life? i'm sorry if i sound judgmental and angry, but my sister has been fighting addiction to oxycontin & heroin for the past 8 years and she is now pregnant, so i'm more than a little worried. please, if you are pregnant and reading this and thinking about using, just don't. don't be that stupid and self-centered.

IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE, IT WAS A CHOICE.
eVERY THING WE DO IN LIFE IS A CHOICE. iT WAS your CHOICE TO TAKE OXYCONTIN, NOT THE BABY. i HAVE A FRIEND WHO TAKES UNPRECRIBED OXYCOIN AND SHE WORRIES AND CALLS TH DOCTOR ON WHAT SHE SHOULD TAKE FOR A COLD OR FOR THE ACME ON HER FACE. hOW DEAR HER. sHE MAKES ME SO MAD.i PRAY THAT WHEN HER BABIES IS BORN THE DROUG WILL SHOW UP AND CHILDREN YOUTH SERVICES WILL TAKE TAHT BABY AND THE ONE SHE ALREADY HAS. i HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO HER BUT ALL SHE SAYS IS i KNOW WHAT i AM DOING. She is no mother, she needs help and I hope this is God's way of helping her, by her baby stool being postive.

If you were her friend I think you should try to get her help instead of hoping she gets her children taken from her. I agree she isn't doing the right things but she probably hasn't had anyone offer any support. So try to get help for her instead of being judgemental.

Why would you even do that in the first place? I guess it’s a little too late to ask this question, but, Jesus think before you do these stupid things. It's not ok for people to sugar coat it and say “oh it's alright, just don't be doing that". I think you have to understand why you did it in the first place...check yourself in to see a therapist, and maybe you are not qualified to take care of this baby. I mean it is hellish stupid to take drugs in the first place, but when you know 100% that you’re pregnant and you do it anyway?? A mother is suppose to protect her baby not harm it...maybe you shouldn't keep the baby if this is the way your acting before the baby is born. Scary to think maybe the baby doesn't have a hope in hell.