Pain in back, left of center, slightly below shoulder blades. Can occur during day but usually at night about one hour after retiring. Usually accompanied with dizziness and  shortness of breath; Blood pressure is normal, Pulse is normal, body temperature normal. Pain is severe.

This is happening to my mother right now and shes on her way to the hospital but what is this?

That happened to me a week before I suffered a spontaneous pneumothorax - Collapsed right lung. Be careful.

Guest wrote:

1jmosborne2 wrote:

Pain in back, left of center, slightly below shoulder blades. Can occur during day but usually at night about one hour after retiring. Usually accompanied with dizziness and shortness of breath; Blood pressure is normal, Pulse is normal, body temperature normal. Pain is severe.

my pain is in lower left side of back and shortness of breath

my friend woke up complaining of pain in back and not being able to breathe properly, 45 minutes later he died, please explain what happened