I was sitting down on my recliner using my computer and started having pain in my shoulder joint when I would breath deeply and soon after it traveled down my arm, neck, sternum and eventually it went to my jaw. All on the left side. The pain was worse when I laid down so I slept sitting up. The pain has left everywhere except my shoulder. It seems to be affected more if I sit on my recliner while using my laptop. Has anyone else had a simpler program? It's not musclar because I can move my arm without pain.

Hi, i'm currently going through a similar thing. It started with sharp pain in my left shoulder and upper left chest, with shortness of breath. When I lay down it's more painful that sitting up, now two days after it starting my breathing is better, and less painful. However, the pain has grown stronger nearing unbearable JUST in my left shoulder. I have loss of grip, and strength in my arm as well as severe pain when I move it.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Ross

I'm going through the same thing.
I have seen things saying it could be fibermialgia or a pinched nerve.
I have had my pain for about 4 or 5 months

Hi I had somthing similar happen to me. the pain was only on the right, my neck shoulder, and when i took a breath in i was extremely painful....i went to the ER and it was inflammation of my right lung and thats what was causing the pain. they put me steroids and i was better a couple days later....hope that helps

Ross-

I'm going through the exact same thing as you. It started yesterday and was not nearly as painful as it is today. Breathing in worsens it, I can no longer take a deep breath due to the pain. It's all in my upper left chest, and the shoulder is the worst of it. I feel like it could be the heart, lungs, who knows. All I know is Advil, Tylenol, all those don't work. I have hyrdocodone for my leg, however after being on it for over a month I've been trying to stop using it alltogether. The first three days after stopping were fine, and now this has begun, so I like to think it has nothing to do with stopping the use of the drug. However I am on the edge and about to take it again just to get rid of this pain.

Hope we both find the cure.

Matt

Hi, back in august 2008, i was having, shortness of breath (for about 5 weeks) and then one night i woke up in the middle of the night with this terrible sharp pain in my right shoulder. When i would lay down or take a breath it was more then terrible ans was crying like a baby, so at 3 am i went to th ER and they took a blood sample from my arteries and diagnose me with 3 pulmonary embolism, and it almost killed me... If u are experementing any thing like this, DO NOT THINK TWICE and get ur self checked.

I have had the same pain in my right shoulder. It is painful to lay down and when i take a deep breath. My doctor says that she thinks that it is something called "frozen shoulder". I don't think that is what it is since i can use my shoulder and move it freely. Looking for any answers.

Heather

I am having the exact same thing happen to me. I have had intense left shoulder pain for the past few weeks and now I have strong chest pain and difficulty breathing, particularly when I lay down, like Ross.
Did anyone else figure out what was wrong?
Thanks!
CC

hi, i would just like to pass on that i have these exact symptoms on my left side and they are due to lung surgery. But when my lung has colapsed or partially collapsed it has caused a harse pain in my left shoulder. At the moment i have a really sharp pain in my shoulder when i breathe in deep or yawn. If you have pain in the shoulder when you breathe in i would suggest that you tell your doctor and have your lungs examined for any damage. Hope this helps

hey, i have the exact same thing but i only get mine about one night every month, which is weird, but when i do get it its really bad.. i just dont get why i only get it now and then when most people are saying theirs are lasting weeks, any help?

I also have pain in my left shoulder. It gets worse and radiates to the front, back and into my neck when I take a deep breath. Currently it has lasted for two days. But I have had this before... Just no clue what it is. Has anyone heard what it could be?

I went through similar pain for about 8 months before discovering it was a pinched nerve, it was also causing my shoulder blade to protrude a bit which was a very odd feeling. The crazy thing is I could not remember any situation in which this injury could have been caused. If it is in fact a pinched nerve mostly all you can do is wait it out and let the healing process slowly do its job. Some PT will help slightly but in my case it was just a matter of taking something to sleep and dealing with the rest.
-Best of luck to you

hi my uncle had that exact same pain, he had it around the chest and up his shoulder. He said that when breathing deeply the joint connecting his neck and shoulder would hurt. One night back in 2004 he had very sharp pains going through his whole left upper body. He was dead in the morning. GET CHECKED :-(

hi, i sort of have the same problem, im 17 and a pain in my shoulder it also hurts when im breathing, i broke my collarbone a few years back and was wondering if it could have anything to do with it. :-)

Sharp pain in the shoulder accompanied with difficulty breathing can be indicative of a number diagnosis... I had these symptoms this afternoon - because I had a rib out of place, the Chiropractor manipulated it back in and I had no pain in inspiration instantly. However, breathing on inspiration, with a sharp pain can indicate inflammation of the lungs and the outer layer of the lung 'catching' on ribs. I would seek medical advice if it goes on for more than 1 day, and if it's unbearable just go to an ER straight away... better safe than sorry!