For about a year, I have had an itchy painfull feeling under the hood of my clitoris. I went to the Doctor last June and tested for STD's. I don't have any diseases. The doctor gave me some type of steroid cream for about two months. I still have it and it hurts and sometimes itches. I don't know what to do. My clitoris is swollen and if I pull the hood up, underneath is white. It doesn't look normal. Also the part that is supposed to be under the hood part isn't.

Was wondering if u found out the problem. I have the same exact problem. But before I use the cream my Dr wants to biopsy the white part.

For about a year and a half i noticed a itchy sensitivity accompanied by a whitish area on my clitoris underneath the hood (just a small area on one side at first). It would come and go, and then about 3-4 months ago it got very irritated, mostly after sex, and ever since then it has gotten worse. The area, Ive noticed has started to spread and now it's all the way around my clitoris. Ive also been experimenting a itchy, soreness at the opening of my vagina which makes intercourse painful and undesirable. I went to Planned Parenthood for a pap and pelvic exam and when the nurse practitioner checked me out she seemed frightened and completely out of her league, which didn't make me feel any better. I then went to a gyno dr. for some answers and some well needed relief. The Dr. gave me a pelvic exam a STD tests, but after thoroughly checking out he told me it was not pathological. and attributed it to shaving or tanning! WHAT!?! You got to be kidding? Anyway, it hasn't got any better, actually, that was when it started to get noticeably worse. I got another appt. with another dr. coming up soon. I'd like some help and info. ANYONE? Thanx

For about a year and a half i noticed a itchy sensitivity accompanied by a whitish area on my clitoris underneath the hood (just a small area on one side at first). It seemed to come and go, in the begining, and then about 3-4 months ago it got very irritated, mostly after sex, and ever since then it has gotten worse. The area, Ive noticed has started to spread and now it's all the way around my clitoris. Ive also been experiencing a itchy, soreness at the opening of my vagina which makes intercourse painful and undesirable. I went to Planned Parenthood for a pap and pelvic exam and when the nurse practitioner checked me out she seemed frightened and completely out of her league, which didn't make me feel any better. I then went to a gyno dr. for some answers and some well needed relief. The Dr. gave me a pelvic exam a STD tests, but after thoroughly checking me out he told me it was not pathological. and attributed it to shaving or tanning! WHAT!?! You got to be kidding? Anyway, it hasn't got any better, actually, that was when it started to get noticeably worse. I got another appt. with another dr. coming up soon. I'd like some help and info. ANYONE? Thanx

i am currently having the problem where my clitoris swelled up after having intercourse. it hurts to walk and even go to the bathroom. ive had the swelling for almost two days but seems to be going down a bit but it still hurts like hell. im also having some white discharge even after i take a shower. ive checked other sites that say this is happening because i didnt have an orgasm. any other ideas or suggestions on what i should do?

Why is it that no one ever seems to get an answer to their questions on this forum?

This is the most worthless board I've ever seen in my life.

FACT!

I agree with the person above. I really wanted to know the answer too, and when I came here all I heard was a bunch of people talking about "Oh, I have the same problem." Could someone please post the answer to this question, I'm dying to know the answer?

Have you checked if it could be an yeast infection?

It sound like one.

I have now had this for a year as well. I went to the doctor, and then the gumclinic, they took tests but nothing came up, went back to the doctors, got referred to a gyno, he had a look and thought it was EMOTIONAL. Brilliant. He sent me to a therapist for 6 sessions and that was it.

I'm always itching, in bed, at work, in the shower..you name it. I feel like I'm going crazy some days, like this will never end, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, because no one, on the internet or otherwise, seem to be able to give us a diagnose, and treat this. I hate my life with this itching, it's putting me off sex most the time, I'm 20, in a steady relationship since a long time, and I'm having sex what, once a week? It's pissing me off as much as the itching, my boyfriend is hot - I want this itching to go away so I can do him on a daily basis already.

I found this as a reply in another forum, taken from webMD i think:

Remember those high school gross-out jokes about smegma? They weren't just jokes. Smegma is a very real substance; to maintain good vaginal health, you need to keep it from accumulating. Glands on the inner surface of the clitoral hood secrete sebum, an oily substance that lubricates the clitoral glans. When this secretion builds up, it becomes smegma, a thick white discharge with a cottage-cheese appearance. If the smegma isn't washed away on a regular bases, it can accumulate and dry out, forming small hard kernels under the clitoral hood. The resulting irritation can be painful and may cause adhesions to form between the glans and hood.

So this doesnt only happen to men but to women too, so ladies when showering you should pull down down the hood and clean cause im sure that this extra dead skin and oil is making your clitoris itchy. I actually put some vaseline on a q-tip and put some around the clid and around the inside of the clit that way those oils wont get accumulated. Hope this helped a bit.

Google lichen sclerosis, and lichen planus. i too have noticed how useless this board is so i'm happy to be of some help. while my symptoms are not as severe as what you all have described, i believe this may be what we all are dealing with. and according to my research, the sooner you deal with this, the better. it is strongly advised to not let this go untreated. i am making an appt with a dermatologist or obstetrician gyn soon. good luck to you all. here's a link to get you started.

http://skin.emedtv.com/lichen-sclerosus/lichen-sclerosus.html

http://dermnetnz.org/immune/lichen-sclerosus.html

i believe this is what we are dealing with, definitely not a yeast infection. i too feel that this board is completely useless. hopefully we all come out on the other side of this c**p with good news.

Most likely it is clitoral adhesion, which results from the build-up and hardening of excess smegma underneath the clitoral hood. This is VERY common, not at all serious, and can be prevented by proper washing techniques. See this helpful website for full information:

Hey, I just recently have had this and I used some aloe vero itch cream and its working.

I had a painful feeling in my clitoris for about a week. The pain progressively got worse, despite trying to deny it. :-(

Last night, I fell captive to some horrific pain and nearly passed out. It turns out I had a UTI which turned into a bladder infection. Don't ignore signs, check for UTI or bladder infections, consult with your doctor, don't wait despite not wanting to visit the doctor. It's better the sooner that you get there.

Just my two cents.