At first the itching was around the outer vagina, and I assumed it was because I'd shaved recently. Then early this week, I noticed that my clitoris became sensitive and itchy. I'd scratch and think it be over, or something just shimmy in a chair and it would ease it.

Well tonight it's gotten out of control. I looked at my clitoris and it's bright red and I can only assume it's because of my scratching. Is it infected? Can I get a yeast infection just on the clitoris?

It's friday night, no doctor until monday....don't know what to buy to make the itching cease at least until i can see a doctor. Please help.

Hi - saw your post...i went to the doctor recently with the same problem. She recommended a pro-biotic gel (available over the counter from pharmacies) which works by restoring the natural bacteria which should be present. It is quite similar to pro-biotic yogurt drinks, which she said to take also. If you still find that you're having this problem, it could be thrush, so maybe get some pessaries (the three day ones work best) and see if that helps. They can be used in conjunction with a thrush cream. If you're still having trouble, you should go to the doctor and ask them to take a 'swab' (this is like a really long cotton bud) sample to check for other possible causes. Also, don't over wash the vagina area, don't use soaps or perfumes and always use a condom to make sure your partner doesn't get it or even give it to you. Failing all of that, it could be a urinary problem, in which case, you can drink plenty of cranberry juice or see a doctor for further advice. Hope this helps! :-)

Hi, I'm only a teenager, and i have recently had genital warts they cleared up but sum have come back.
for the past 2days i have experienced itching on the tip of my clitoris...i think? -the layers of skin that are at the top of my vagina.
is this a yeast infection?or something more serious? I'm scared.

yeah. i woke up this morning and started itching my clitoris like a mad man (woman). and i dont know what to do. i just went to see my doctor a few days ago and he didnt notice anything.

im so worried.

hi
i really hope that i don't have a problem. :-(
but i have itching too. i don't know what the are of the itching is called. I think it is the clitoris and its also around it. i don't know why.
i'm a virgin. i haven't have sex or anything like that. i masturbate now and then.
anyways it was itching last night. i decided that i would take a shower in the morning but it was itching so badly i decided to take a shower after all. it felt better and didn't itch as much. (like, it didn't itch so much that i wanted to scratch it.) it feels only a little itchy but not a lot, so i don't need to scratch.
but i'm still concern. is there something wrong with me????

hi! i am 17 and i sometimes have an itchy clit as well. but when i talked to my doctor he said it was probably just an imbalance of hormones and that it was nothing to worry about, however if my discharge changed then to go back and see him. i've had a yeast infection before so i know that this isn't one. try using vagisil, it relieves the itch. and DONT SCRATCH it makes it swell and it itchs more. are you going to have your period soon? because that is usually when my itching presents itself

omg me too. right now i have an itchy clit and theres a tiny bit of discharge on it. It mostly itchy around the area at the top of my clit and it was red when i saw it. Im really worried right now because the itching wont stop. If it doesnt go down within the next couple of days Im going to my doctor.. I think you should go too if it doesnt go down.

i would definitely suggest vagisil powder or vagisil cream...it mey burn once you put it on but it will create this type of film over the infected area to keep it from rubbing against anything ot from you scratching at it..
There is definitely no need to worry and i also suggest dont wear tight pants and dont wear thongs, i would suggest wearing sweat pants and possibly cotton panties...

Ask the doctor to test for LICHEN SCLEROSIS. This is a condition in which the clitoris or labia gets itchy and inflamed. If you don't treat it will result in loss of clitoris or tissue (gets buried), but is easy to treat with steroid cream.

Me and my boyfriend had a recent break up and he sleped with a lil s***k and she most likey had something... eversince we had our break up and then had sex again my clit has been itchy and my hole too! it sometimes burns and he has a rash on his penis and it was pealing... eww huh? well anyways he said that it burned when he peed a bit and thathe had to wait patiently to pee he cant push it out anymore. im really concerned that if i have something that he will leave me. he says i dont have a desease cause i said somethings going on and what if we both did get somethign from her? he said dont worry about it. i got a pill from my doctor for a yeast infection and it didnt change the itching it seems to bee the same.. im so scared i dont want to have anything :'( people might find out and hate me and think im gross my bf and soon to be husband leaves me . its not my fault though. what should i do... i got till monday to find out my results for chlamida and stuff and its saturday . were still having oral and intercorse... im sooo scared. please any advice will help.

thanks :-(

Wow, your boyfriend sounds like a charmer, I'd dump him straight away if I were you and then go get tested. If you wont dump the m***n then get tested anyway, some STD's can cause infertility.

I have an itchy clitoris today and my period has just finished. Apparently wearing sanitary towels can cause it so if some of you are experiencing this post period then that might be it.

If the symptoms do persist though, please see a doctor. The internet should never be a substitute for sanctioned medical advise.

hi i have had the same prob i loveeeeee sex,,, my boyfiend loves licking me out but he cant do anything its too saw i have rubbed it to hard my nail caught and ripped the skin it is veryyy painful and i dont like it
it feels like my clict is like bigger than the flaps and it is painful i have alotttttt of discharge and im veryy :$ embarrised to go to my doctor please i need help quick xx :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

HI, my clitoris has been burning for a while now and its very very sore and red. if anyone could give my some advice that's be great! im not exactly sure what to do, and im in sooo much pain. :-(

first of all, if he doesn't want to stay with you just because you're sick, he's trash. he most likely gave it to you anyway. he also needs to get tested if he hasn't already, the peeling skin is not a good sign. until you get your results back, try not to scratch it because that will inflame it and make it even itchier (i have the same kind of thing going on right now, ugh). don't overwash it either, it's a sensitive area. drink plenty of water to flush out bacteria if that's what it is (cranberry juice is good for urinary tract infections, so you might try it, but i don't think that's what you have going on). shower daily and wear cotton underwear! this will keep moisture from building up and keep the bacteria/disease/whatever from multiplying.

as for me, i don't know what i have :-( my clitoris and surrounding sensitive skin is really itchy and bright red, but that's about it. i haven't noticed any discharge and it doesn't burn when i pee, but this has been going on for a few days so i don't think it's an allergic reaction to anything. help!

you can't be embarrassed to go to the doctor! they'll be able to tell you exactly what's wrong! and if you ignore it and it's something serious (which it sounds like it is), it could lead to other infections, damaged organs, etc.