Few weeks ago, I started to feel real bad pain under right bottom of my rib. I would like to know how precise the scan is in detecting abnormalities in the gall bladder, because my doctor recommended me some. Beside this, I would like to know if there is an additional test, which can be done, to determine if the pain that I am experiencing is due to a bad gall bladder. Can anyone tell me more about this pain under right bottom rib?

It is true that real bad pain under right bottom rib might be caused with gall bladder problems. There are a number of different tests to evaluate the gall bladder. If you recently underwent a test, I believe it was very sensitive for the diagnosis of gall bladder disease. Those kinds of tests could evaluate even in the absence of gallstones. Sometimes CCK test can return as normal but you still believe that the problem is the gall bladder. Then removal of the gall bladder would be needed. If that real bad pain under your right ribs persists, then obviously a problem in the gall bladder was not the cause. I believe your doctor recommended you right tests to discover what causes pain. He might also looks for other possible causes of pain, such as gastroparesis small intestine pathology. You have to know that abdominal pain is often a diagnostic dilemma and a multitude of tests may be needed before a diagnosis is made.