Hi, I am 23 years old and I've had lower left abdominal pain (around the pelvic area) about 6mths after I had my baby (he is 2 now, so this has been going on for almost 2yrs). It came along with headaches, chills, back pain shooting all the way down my left leg, pain during sex and irregular or no bowel movements. Most of those symptoms are either gone or not as bad, my chills are gone and my headaches are not as frequent, my leg pain is not as bad but I still have pain sometimes during sex. I went to my OBGYN they did cultures and an ultrasound, everything came back fine, no STDs, not pregnant, and ovaries/uterus looks fine. I also went to my regular doctor and he gave me some medicine to help the pain because he said I was having spasm, and I might have IBS. (which I've had before and it went away within a week). But just a couple of days ago, my right lower abdomin started hurting really bad and out of nowhere. I was just sitting and I looked down at my shirt and the pain shot from my ab all the way up my back to my neck. Now everytime I bend my head down I feel the pain in my neck and my abdomin (right side) at the same time. My right side also hurts when I make some certain movements. Now both of my lower abs hurt and I'm going back to the doctor this week. But I want a second opinion PLEASE, I'm in a lot of pain.

Sounds like a pinched nerve. You should see a chiropractor to get that fixed. A regular doctor cannot do that for you. I kept having severe pain in my chest and after about 15 years I found out it was a rib out of place.
Once the chiropractor fixed it, all was well.

What I think it is is a gull bladder attack. Your gull bladder is located to your right just above your vagina and lower than your breasts. it is hard to explain this on a blog, but I am a doctor and have taken out many gull bladders in the passed 23 years. I highly recommend you go to get a blood test and a cat scan in the ER before it is too late. Trust me you will want to do it now before it explodes and trust me I've had at least 65 females who have the same symptoms as you and waited too long and it explodes and I've had to perform and immediate surgery. My mom also had a gull bladder attack and thank God she didn't wait to long, because she would have been in a heck of a lot of pain. Not that she arlready wasnt. If you go in NOW before it's too late you could have a quick and easy laperoscopy and have it removed. I hope this helps you!!! [/list]

IF YOU HAVE A PINCHED NERVE - WILL NEED TO SEE A NEURO SURGEON OR BACK SPECIALIST.

In response to the above:

If you WERE a doctor, you would know that it is LAPAROSCOPY and GALL BLADDER. Your gallbladder is located right underneath your liver next to your stomach and colon. It does sound as though you might have a pinched nerve. Now if the pain is lower abdominal, which I think you said it was, you might want to get checked (just to be safe) for appendicitis. I had this 2 years ago and all of the symptoms you are describing sounds very similar to what I was experiencing and I had to have my appendix taken out. Good luck.

i totally agree with you, that is no doctor i would ever want to go to! especially the fact that it was stated that they had been a doctor for 23 years and said the "gull bladder" is above the vagina??? i guess technically it is, but it is quite a ways away from the vagina and that definetly would not be how i would describe its location!

You both are wrong about the doctor who replied back to your question. He could be a doctor but not original from the US as it seems like he doesn't know how to spell the language very well. The gallbladder is below the breasts, a little bit higher than the belly button on the right side. I had mine removed and was having stabbing chest pains and shoulder blade pain. I have also been diagnosed with sciatica and degenerative disc disease in my spine so that also would explain the mid/lower back pain I've been having.

Have you ever had a surgery?

The gallbladder is located behind the liver on the right side of the rib cage. :-D I had my gallbladder removed in 2006 & I have had nothing but problems. (I also had my appendix removed due to a screw up by a doc) I have had nothing but a constant pain in my lower right side. My doc does nothing more than guess, her guess is scar tissue. Now for the last several weeks I have had the same type of pain in my left side. When I eat - it hurts like hell.

its gall bladder, all right.  Don't take it out.  Do the cleanse.  Taking it out may not stop the pain.  Stones are in the liver too.

Yeah. You sound like a doctor. What is a gull bladder?

Seriously!? A Dr??? With unclear knowledge & spelling like that? I highly doubt you are a Dr! At least not a medical Dr!

I DOUBT YOU'RE A DOCTOR; YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL GALL BLADDER.