Hi, i am 15 years old and very stressed out. About 2 months ago i noticed a bump on the bottom of my right testicle i almost puked i was so scared. I told my mom right away and she made an appointment with my pediatrician. When i got there, he felt my testicle and said it was a cyst. I still wanted another opinion so i booked an appointment with a urologist. He said he was almost positive it wasnt health hazardous and it could even be growing of epydidymis but i still was scared so i booked an appointment with someone to do an ultrasound. I got it done today but im scared that she might not have scanned the bottom of the testicle because i didnt feel the device down there where the bump is. Also im scared the ultrasound might not be accurate. Please can someone tell me how accurate an ultrasound is, and if the device needs to actually touch the lump to know what it is. The lump is very squishy but not enough like when i squeeze it hard it has a little but of a hard resistance. Also, the bump isnt attatched completely to the testicle, but it feels like a string is attatching it. Is this cancer? Please help! Am i just being paranoid because 2 doctors already said i was fine...

Hi Guest,

It is VERY UNLIKELY to be testicular cancer.  You said it is NOT attached to the testicle.

It is LIKELY to be a cyst.

Most ultrasound techs are pretty good at imaging the entire testicle.  Utlrasounds are only as accurate as the operator.

Hope it helps.

Thanks so much... And its not COMPLETELY attatched to testicle as its almost attached by a tube... Does that change anything?

No.

It sounds likes a cyst! They are VERY common!

Oh my gosh thank u so much i feel 1,000 times better!!!

Although im sorry to ask again but wouldnt you be able to completely seperate a cyst from the testicle? Or can cysts be somewhat attatched like this??

And are you an actual doctor of some sort? Or do you major in anything?

Most cysts are attached to the epididymis or vas deferens.

I've been involved in emergency medicine for over 15 years and have taught basic emergency medical technicians as well.