I have noticed a lump on my right testicle, I play a lot of sport and I don't know if it is a torsion of a hydatid cyst. I'm only 15 so is this normal? I am quite worried and am to embarrassed to go to a doctor about it. What could happen if I leave it, will it go away or get worse?

Hi Guest,

Is it actually on your testicle and not just a lump in the scrotum OR a lump (cyst) on the "tubes" that connect to your testicle?

Testicular torsion is when the blood flow to the testicle is cut off - you'd likely lose the testicle unless treated immediately.  It would also be VERY painful - you'd likely not be able to walk/stand.

If the lump is truly on the testicle you NEED to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.  At 15 you are in the age where testicular cancer is a concern. 

Not to scare you but if you "leave it" and it is cancerous it will spread beyond the testicle and can ultimately be fatal.

Its hard to explain but it attached to the tubes and is like a third testicle almost.
I'd guess its not a torsion then, my family doesn't have it running through the family either.

OK, on the tubes. It is very likely a spermatocele or epididymal cyst. They often do not require treatment. You should get it checked though.

Good luck.

Ok thank you