hi i am 20 years old, i have a pain in my left testicle as if it were kicked, it comes and goes. i notice sometimes when i have the pain and i loosen or remove my shorts and boxers the pain will go away. i have felt a pain like this when i was younger but only a few times, tell about 2 maybe 3 years ago it started coming more often, maybe about almost a year now ago i had a strong pain in my left testicle during ejaculation and since then the pain is almost everyday. i have never had sex so i know its no STD. i cant remember if this was before or after the pain when ejaculating but it was around the same time, i hit my left testicle really hard with my skateboard while trying to do a trick, it hurt like it normally should though and went a way after a few minutes. i noticed i have squishy like lumps on both testicles and the one on the left sometimes seems to move to the bottom of the sack, i believe this is the epididymis but im not sure. i also noticed sometimes my testicle will move on there own, im not sure if there supposed to do that. and sometimes but rarely i will get a small ache in rectum that is very short like straining or something. oh also i get lower abdominal pain that goes away when i remove my pants and underwear, if anyone can make anything of this please help.

Hey Guest,

Occasional aches in your testicles is normal. they can be caused by many things, if the pain gets better when your pants or boxers are removed then it could just be due to reduced circulation from tight clothing. do you wear tight "skateboarding jeans"? where exactly are the lumps on your testicles? they could be cysts which are usually nothing to worry about but they can be painful. dont worry about the occasional ache in your rectum or stomach as they too are normal and are usually the result of gas moving through your intestines. is there a chord attached to these squishy lumps?

please keep me posted
thanks 8)

i was never one to wear the chicks pants but i do have to wear my pants tight, otherwise they just seem to slide off me so i guess that explains that. i examined my self several times through out the day and the lumps seem to be more towards the back most of the time but when i checked in the shower they are all the way at the bottom, the left one is also bigger and will hurt sometimes when i squeeze it but the right one never seems to hurt. they do seem to be attached i can feel something in between the lump and testicle they do seem to be chords.

so i did a little more research and more self exams and i found a spermatocele on the top of the left testicle, it is not connected to the testicle itself but by chords, what i think im feeling on the bottom is the tail of the epididymis, it seems swollen though compared to the one on the right side, and that is were the discomfort seems to be, maybe this is do to the spermatocele, i dont know. i can also pull it away from the testicle, dont know if it is supposed to do that. still doing research and stuff ill keep you posted. thanks for the help.

hmmm it could be a spermatocele have you looked up a vericocele as well? that normally occurs on the spermatic chord itself and feels like a bunch of worms. also remember that your epididymis is normally a little tender since there are a lot of nerve endings down there. out of curiosity how often do you ejaculate and do you ever get highly aroused for a while and then never ejaculate?

thanks 8)

yea ive looked up a bunch of different things that could cause lumps, none of which i seem to have. i dont really keep track of how often i masterbate, but i would say like once every week or two. yes sometimes i will get "aroused" but i always thought it was do to being sexually inactive, not at all over this last week though since i noticed the lump and pain. oh and the pain is not there as much since i have been wearing looser shorts, and when the pain is there and i have the chance to i have been icing down there, that seems to help a lot.

i would say it has to do with mainly circulation and blood flow. have you taken any anti-inflamatories for the pain and does the pain increase when you are sexually aroused? i think that lump chord your feeling is probably your epididymis. are they (the lumps) in the same spot on each testicle?
thanks8)

ok im 100% that whats on the bottom is just the epididymis, and im am positive i have a spermatocile on the top of the left testicle and that is exactly were the pain is coming from. yes the lumps i was feeling on the bottom are in the same place on both testicles. the pain seems to be there more often now though, its not any worse, but its really annoying. i havnt taken any meds of any sort. i recently, about a week ago, quit smoking and changed my diet and started exercising though, dont know if that has anything to do with it.

hey pwruser,

i agree what you are describing is your epididymal tail on the bottom of your testicles thats good. spermatoceles can occur anywhere but are normally near the top of the testicle and the head of the epididymis. no one is exactly sure what causes them but some believe it is due to trauma or scarring of the testicle and or epididymis. this could explain why it seemed to occur after you hit yourself with the skate board. hmmmmm..... i dont think diet change or smoking has anything to do with it but i wonder if a lack of ejaculation or an increase in ejaculations would agrivate it since the movement of sperm throught the spermatic ducts of the epididymis or the build up of unreleased sperm cells could increase pressure or irritation just an idea.....

I had pains in my left testicle over the weekend. The pains got worse throughout the day and yesterday I went to see a urologist at a private health centre. I had an ultrasound scan which showed a cyst below the left testicle. Apparently it is filled with puss. I am on strong anti-biotics and I hope these will clear it all up without the need for surgery.

The pain is numb and oscillates, but is generally ok in the morning.

I am fairly convinced that it could have been caused by arousal without ejaculation as I did have a few "fun evenings" with my girlfriend a few days before where I waited up to an hour before ejaculation.

My question is: Is it ok to ejaculate now even with a cyst? I am worried that by not ejaculationg, I could be casuing a build up of fluid in the pipes - but equally I am worried that ejaculation may cause further pain or discomfort. Are there any benefits or dangers of either ejaculating or not ejaculating?

Many thanks

Jeff"