Hello! I had a discectomy & laminectomy four weeks ago today and aside from some little tweaks I was finally just starting to feel a bit better. I still have a great deal of swelling around my incision which causes quite a bit of discomfort and also causes extra pressure on the nerves, but the nurse I spoke with a nurse on the phone and she isn't worried about any infections because I don't have a temperature and the wound is healing well. my question is why would it be that all of a sudden I am getting tweaks and funny sensations in the opposite leg (the leg that was previously the good one) ? Do you think it could be the swelling? I realize it could be many things but I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this and what their outcome was please. I just want to say too that my heart goes out to all of you that are also going through any type of back surgery. I can't believe my doctors told me I could have gone back to work in 2 weeks. Get real!

I had a laminectomy ten weeks ago and after about 4 weeks I had that same thing happen. My dr said it was normal but now that sensation has turned into full blown pain in my opposite leg. He put me on lyrica to help but it does nothing. I can hardly sleep and it continues to get worse. Hope your situation is different!

I had a lamenectomy 1 week ago, pain started down my oppisite leg 4days later. Doc. put me on prednisone, feeling much better but back is pretty sore, the side that was bad is much better