i'm now 5 weeks post discectomy on L4/L5 and both of my legs are extremely weak. My right leg has continued to weaken and is now as weak as my left one. I'm barely able to walk even with a cane. Dorsiflexion is now impossible on both feet. I have atrophy in my left leg and my calf feels like jelly. This had started before surgery but has continued afterwards and I'm starting to have the same problems in my right leg although it's still bigger in size than my left one. I don't have numbness or a tingling sensation. It's just that my legs are so weak that I can't do basic movement like kicking my calf foward or foot dorsiflexion. I haven't found alot of threads of people experiencing such severe weakness after a discectomy to relieve a large L4 herniation.

Anyone got an advice for me ?

My brother is in the exact same situation than yours. He went to see a neurologist today but he is still waiting for their tests results. I will let you know once he gets more news. Please let me know if you get more information also.

Hope you get better

Having the same problem.