Hi, Has anyone done discectomy and how was it? I would like to hear some experiences, since I should have it next week?

Hi, I had lumbar discectomy to treat herniated lumbar disc. I had unbearable pain and needed a cure, this procedure certainly has provided it for me. My pain was radiating from buttock to below the knee, and I had symptoms aggravated after a baseball game, so I finally decided to deal with it. Discectomy is performed to treat lumbar decompression, herniated lumbar disks and is the most common surgical procedure applied for low back pain. Typically, a candidate for lumbar discectomy experiences pain radiating from the buttock to below the knee. It will take you 2 or 3 days in the hospital, after this operation.

:-D I am smiling again after discectomy and laminectomy on March 9, 2007. I was experiencing horrible pain in my left buttock all the way down to my toes! The pain started in Sept 06 and as a mother of 2 i was finding it very difficult to complete everyday household task. I couldn't bend over so I began kicking things out of my way. I have a high pain tolerance and this was something I had never felt before. My surgeon is the best. I feel like my life is getting back to normal.