Hi, I had a crown placed two weeks ago. I did it under local anesthesia, so I didn’t feel any pain. However, the next couple of days were difficult, because I had pain and discomfort when I ate. Did it happen to you?

Hi, I had the same problem after my crown procedure was over. Biting was very painful and I couldn’t eat. I had discomfort in that tooth, and heat and cold sensitivity. It was very annoying, so I asked my dentist about that. He said that it seams that my crown is placed too high, and he easily fixed this problem. The next day, I didn’t feel pain anymore or discomfort due to biting. Maybe you have the same problem. Why don’t you check your crown, maybe it’s placed too high or too low. It usually happens if you still have the nerve in your tooth that was crowned.

Hi, I have been googling because I have been to a cosmetic dentist to sort out my doofus crooked teeth - all uppers. Ive had 6 porcelain crowns but one canine is painful to bite down on. Ive been back and he has ground some of the tooth off and said that the pain should ease in 24 hours but that was 4 days ago and it still hurts if I bite on it. If I touch the top of the crown with my finger nail I get a sharp nerve type pain there. Im going back again on Friday - but anyone know what I should be asking about getting this sorted please?