I've had nausea for 9 years now and I really need help to figure out what's wrong with me because it really ruins my life.
Here's my story...
All started when I ate pike-perch. After 4 hours I suddenly started vomiting violently until my stomach was completely empty, then I vomited some more. After about 2 weeks later I had "vomiting" which lasted couple weeks. 2 moths later I ate pike-perch again and exactly the same pattern repeated, but more violently (3 other persons ate the same food both times with no symptoms). From that moment I've had nausea everyday and had 3 times over week lasting "vomitings" in 4 months (nobody got it from me, so it wasn't contagious). Vomiting decreased little by little until I vomited only couple times a month but it never stopped until after 2 years when I stopped using milk (in its entirety, lactos-free didn't help). I think that somewhat this point I started to have very soft stools too. Later I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance althought I never had problems with milk before, until after that pike-perch incident. Nowadays I have to go to bathroom every morning (sometimes in real hurry) and it doesn't matter how loose my stool is, I usually don't have to visit bathroom again that day.
- Daily nausea, usually worse in the morning. Comes and goes without warning. Might get much worse in a matter of seconds and vice versa.
- Sometimes gets really bad, then continuous nausea lasting from days to weeks.
- Eating relieves mild nausea in 80% of cases from couple minutes to some hours.
- Tiredness and mild dizziness (especially when intense nausea)
- Bubbling and growling (growling usually after some hours from last meal and comes often with very unpleasant feeling and nausea)
- A lot of Burping (with or without nausea but burping might sometimes ease nausea)
- Often strong pressure (or something like that) feeling just under the breastbone and/or near navel.
- Soft stools (doesn't bother but worth mentioning)
I Don't have any pain or constipation.
For Several years No heartburn, then some, and now I have used acid-reducing drugs for about a year.
Some things I have tested :
- Many Prescription drugs (nausea, speed up stomach emptying etc.)
- Natural product-diet for Yeast Syndrome which made me feel worse and I started vomiting again (not often though).
- All kinds of diets to exclude food allergies.
- Acid-reducing drugs (used almost a year now)
- Lactic acid bacteria etc.
- Natural Digestive Enzyme Supplements
- Fiber-products (should make stools harder)
Tested with :
- gastroscopy (2 times, first time nothing and after several years sliding hiatal hernia).
- Wide ranged blood work, everything's ok.
- Stool test: Blastocystis Hominis, treated with 400mg Trikozol but never checked if the parasite was removed.
- Ultrasound : kidneyparenchymas echo was was near livers echo (or something:). It's not common but these variations can occur (said the paper I got)
- H. pylori negative
Extra notices which probably have nothing to do with my sickness but then again...
- Can't play 3d first person shooter games nor watch movies filmed with handheld camera-style couple minutes longer without getting badly motion sick. Except for the bad eyesight and cylinders my eyes should be ok, at least that's what the optician said.
- Pike-Perch was fished from a lake with quite high concentrations of mercury and I have Amalgam fillings in 5 of my teeth.
- There's no smell of mold but I suspect that there might be some.
I would be very thankful if someone has any tips what to do now.
First I have to congratulate on your success in university , then apologize for such late reply but I don’t seem to get any email notifications about answered posts.
Thank you for your story. You have been through a lot… bony ankylosis, rheumatoid arthritis… uh! I’m very happy to hear that you got through it and are better now.
I started two message chains by accident (same topic) but the other one got more attention. There’s updated info. steadyhealth.com/topics/constant-nausea-burping-etc#713755.
Summary is that finally, after numerous diets etc, low-fat diet finally helped quite a lot to nausea. Diet didn’t help with soft stools etc. but I’m happy that the worst symptom got milder. Though I’m not through yet cause I’m aiming more symptom-free life. Doctors don’t want to do any more tests for now and now I’m trying to gather more information about what and how much, specifically causes my symptoms so next time I go see a doctor I’d have more info to get more tests done.
I had some minor skin issues before, small round (just about 0,5-1cm=0.2-0.4 inches diameter )white-colored flaky, sometimes itching spots. They expanded after time and got more red until faded away little by little. Now I get them very rarely and maybe just one at a time. Doctors didn’t know what they were but didn’t inspect any closer.
Thank you for the warnings concerning about chelation therapy and removing mercury fillings. Never heard about chelation therapy. As far as I know, dentists here are very skeptical about mercury fillings causing any problems so if I ever going to get rid of the fillings, I’m going to be extra careful choosing dentist.
Wish you success in biochemistry
To the other post, I’ve tried several natural products containing herbs. Never been in acupuncture since I get the feeling it would be short term solution, although when symptoms were very bad, short relief would have been very welcome.
I've been dealing these symptoms for about 10 years now, although the past half year have been much easier since I started that diet. Even if I'm little sceptical about acupuncture (as well as zone therapy) helping these symptoms , I'm sure to try it if I get a good opportunity.
Hi. I had the same symptoms...nausea all day, everyday, pain under my right rib and in my middle stomach, bloating, and it turns out I have a hemanginoma on my liver! I never would've guessed it would be my liver! From what I read it's a collection of blood vessels that grows and they can push on the stomach and cause these symptoms. So I suggest getting a full abdominal ultrasound done.