Hi, I’ve always had sensitive teeth. My first amalgam filling was installed when I was just a child. Now I’m 25 and I’m pregnant. I am worried about my baby, because I heard that amalgam fillings can cause birth defects. Is it true?

Well, many researches showed that amalgam fillings are highly toxic. For example, people with amalgam fillings had three times more mercury in the brain than people with no amalgam fillings. They also had nine times more mercury in the kidneys. Some doctors claim that these fillings can cause anxiety and depression, because mercury affects the brain. About pregnancy, some governments like the Norwegian, German, Swedish, Canadian and British announced that installing amalgam fillings to pregnant women is dangerous. But it’s also not safe to remove them while you’re pregnant. If I was you, I would wait at least until my baby’s born. Then you can remove all amalgam fillings without any risk.