Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Immediately following a professional teeth cleaning, I had an extremely bitter, metallic taste in my mouth. It has now been two weeks, it has not gone away, and is affecting everything. This bad taste is present at all times night and day. When I eat, most things taste extremely bitter, and now many previously favorite things are utterly inedible. My teeth are in extremely good condition, as are my gums. I have a few fillings from my childhood (I am now in my early fifties), which are of the old type, metallic in color. Is this mercury poisoning from filling dust? Something else? Help please, this is horribly unpleasant and seriously affecting my quality of life.

Loading...

From just a cleaning you should not detect any metallic taste. Mercury fillings were used for years and you're probably better off with it in than removing it and replacing it.

Are you noticing any blood when you rinse?

This started immediately after the cleaning? As is right after you left the office? I'm also thinking maybe a sinus infection but that generally wouldn't give you a metallic taste.

Make an appointment with the dentist and explain to them what is happening. Perhaps he'll see something that is causing this. A cleaning by itself should not cause any damage.

Let us know how you're doing and what they find.
Reply

Loading...

the cleaning had your mercury poisonig multplied, since the filling evaporates many times more mercury when it is activated by rubbing, an edta detox gelation therapy and the removal of your teeth could help you.
Reply

Loading...

I have the same problem and just wondering how you fixed the issue? I'm positive mine is cause by my two front upper crowns, as I had the same thing three years ago. At the time I had pain and irritation around imperfect fitting crowns after a deep cleaning, and the bad taste started a couple weeks later. After two months of living with that awful taste, I had my crowns redone by a different dentist (even though I was seven month pregnant at the time and the procedure wasn't recommended). The taste immediately disappeared once the crowns were replaced. I didn't experience any issues after, until my last regular dental cleaning this (done yet by a different dentist as I moved to a new area). This time the bad taste started the same evening of the visit. Once again an exam shows no visible problems, yet the bitter taste is constant and unbearable. I don't want the crowns replaced yet again just because of a cleaning!
Reply

Loading...

I have experienced the same thing after my last two routine cleanings. In January, it lasted about four months and just had my teeth cleaned again last week and it is back. It was just a regular cleaning with xrays and I have good teeth, good gums, and one filling from childhood. Any ideas of what causes this would be appreciated.
Reply

Loading...

I’m experiencing the same thing. Just had some X-rays and cleaning. The sour taste started right there and then. It has been 1 week and still have a sour mouth. I haven’t seen any solutions.
Reply

Loading...

If this is after a cleaning only, it is similar to what I’ve had today. Metallic taste and mild nausea followed my cleaning. It increased, although nausea is diminishing. Pretty sure it’s the awful tasting peroxide rinse at the end of my treatment.
Today’s rinse lasted about double previous rinses (which always left this taste, but far less).
Reply

Loading...