Well the reason I decided to post on here is because I wanted to not only share my experience, but to see if anyone else experienced anything similar to me. I had a medical abortion last week. I started with the first pill on Tuesday, then the misoprostol on Wednesday. Shortly after taking the misoprostol, I began experiencing watery diarrhea and bleeding began at the same time, just a little bit. As the day went on and I took the remaining two tablets, and the bleeding began to get worse. I passed two rather large clots in addition to the smaller ones, and I had to look to see what they were. One of them just looked like a bunch of tissue like muscley stuff, so I assumed that was probably the embryo. I also passed somethign that looked like a little sac on a string (placenta I'm assuming). I had absolutely no pain while this was going on. I thought I was lucky and was going to get away with that, plus I almost never get ccramps during my period. Wrong. Later that afternoon, I had some mild cramps but I had been taking pain killers in preparation of cramps that day. By that night, around 10pm I couldn't sleep I had bad cramping in my lower stomach and back, it felt like someone was tugging me. My cervix was also contracting and I could feel it as if someone was sticking a needle in it. I took more painkillers and finaly got to sleep around 2am.

As the next few days went on, I experienced pretty heavy bleeding, but not anything alarming. It all seemed fairly normal and what I expected.. I also had no more cramps beyond that first night. Now today is Wednesday, one week later and I woke up this morning and felt cranky and miserable. I started having cramps like my worst period would feel, maybe a little more. My bleeding got pretty bad. It was running right out over the pads, it was like smoeone has left a faucet on trickling constantly. I had to shower at least three times. I started to panic and thought about calling my doctor, but the thing is, abortion is not legal where I live. I got this pills through another source. But as the bleeding seemed so bad, I thought something just had to be wrong and I was going to call the doctor but I could barely move without leaking. The last time I took a shower, I decided to get out and sit on the toilet for a bit. I suffer constipation pretty often, and I hadn't gone #2 for a few days so I started straining a little. Up until this point, I think my subconscious held back anything I'd feel the slimy feeling of a blood clot coming out, and I'd tense up to avoid it. Not on purpose mind you. But this time I held nothing back. I strained and pushed just like bearing down to give birth (I have 2 kids so I know how that feels). Well suddenly I felt a huge gush, and this very large clot similar to what I passed the frist day come out. ALong with some smaller clots that kept coming. My cramps shortly went away after that, and the bleeding has slowed right down, so I decided to not call a doctor after all. I'm thinking either something didn't pass until now, or maybe that large clot was blocking the remains from coming out and now that is why the bleeding has slowed down.

I sure hope I'm right. I feel totally fine now. I'm definitely calmer than I was earlier.

how long did the bleeding ended up lasting