I was 7 weeks pregnant when I took a pill to end my pregnancy.  I bled heavily for the first two days and that gradually slowed before stopping.  Two weeks after the termination my partner and I had protected sex and since then (1 week ago) I have bled every day.  It is very red blood which I presume is fresh blood, it's certainly not heavy (1 pad a day if I weren't to change it) but it is continuous and shows no signs of stopping.  I went for my check up after the termination and they said everything was fine and the scan showed my uterus was 'clean'.  Should I be concerned and is there any hope of this bleeding ending? What can I do?  Thank you x 

Hi worriedgal,
 I decided to share my story so you could compare it to yours and see it's not very unusual to bleed weeks after the abortion.
I took my medical abortion pills (at about 5 weeks after the 1st day of my last period or about 3 weeks after my day of ovulation), on 1st of July. The whole night after inserting misoprostol at 11pm, I had the expected severe cramps, fever, chills, nausea, pain and all of the symptoms associated with the abortion pill.  I felt better 7-8 hours later and almost ok by the end of next day. I had heavy bleeding for the next week with some tissue clots coming out. I'm sure I've aborted, since I can't imaging I would not having passed so much blood and tissue. By July 6 I felt like the bleeding was almost ending, so I used a thin pantyliner instead of a pad. By the end of the day bleeding become more intense and it's been on till today July 21 (3 weeks from the day I took Mifepristone on the 29th of June and Misoprostol 36 hours later) . In the past two weeks it was more intense or less intense, but still keeps going, especially in the evenings. I also had cramps one night about two weeks after taking the pills. I don't have cramps during my periods, so I it was unusual. Seems like I'm having a new wave of bleeding 2 - 2.5 weeks after the abortion. Alongside bleeding, I'm still passing some clots, although smaller than in the first few days after taking the pills. I also don't feel my best: no major issues: just overall weakness and tiredness. I think, it should be expected just 3 weeks after abortion.  Still it feels crazy at times to be bleeding for so long. I haven't done my post-abortion check yet: have been procrastinating hoping for it to end on its own, as I really disliked my doctor (well, it was a creepy cheap clinic), so didn't want to see him again. I promise myself to go see him or some other doctor tomorrow. I haven't had sex since a month ago (before abortion), so I don't think your intercourse have been a factor in your renewed bleeding. Go to see a doctor, I'm going to do the same.
Write me an update in how you're feeling now.

Cheers,

mmd

Hey!
I was 7 weeks pregnant and I am in de same boat. I am scared going to the doctor since I am not married and parents live with me. Could you tell me what happened when u visited the doctor.