Hi, my friend was diagnosed with panic disorder. I know she had some problems, but I never thought it was so serious. Could anyone describe me what it looks like?

Hi, panic disorder is mental illness in which a person repeatedly has panic attacks. Your friend experiences intense fear and discomfort, and she is probably anxious. When she gets an attack, she sweats a lot, and has a strong heart beating and tremors. Women are more affected than men. Maybe you noticed that your friend doesn’t get out of the house often. That is because it’s easy for people with panic disorder to develop an agoraphobia. They are scared of getting another panic attack, so they avoid all the situations that could be stressful. That’s why many people quit their jobs. However, it is not a good solution. They should deal with panic disorder properly and try to cure it, and not run away from it!