For the past week, I have been waking up every morning with my heart beating really fast and feeling really nauseous for about an hour. I am not pregnant. I was diagnosed by my doctor with anxiety and panic disorders 8 weeks ago. She put me on Zoloft, which I found out a week and a half later that I'm allergic to so I had to stop taking it. I am now taking Xanax, when needed. I had my first panic attack 9 weeks ago at the dentist while having a cavity filled. Everything has gone down hill from then. I have a really hard time calming myself down(that's when I take the xanax), headaches, my eyes feel strained, loss of interest in going out, loss of appetite, dizziness and feeling anxious when I'm alone. My sleep hasn't really been effected (I'm afraid it might if I keep going like this) from all of this other than I've noticed I'm waking up 1/2 hr to an hour before my alarm goes off in the morning and I've never done that before. I have lost 18 pounds in 2 months because my appetite has been non-existant. I eat little bits here and there and I make sure I stay hydrated, but it's not healthy. I'm am going to go to my primary care physician on Monday to tell her about my heart in the morning and to see if I can try another anti-depressant. I do believe I am depressed, I think I was depressed before I went to the dentist and the panic attack was triggered by the depression. I've had a lot going through my mind for the past couple months. I just want to feel better and I don't know how. I am a 24 year old female.

Hi EML615

That's not a nice way to wake up, even though its been for only a week or so.

Let us know what your doctor says on Monday.

Regards, Olwen :-)

hey eml 615,

I totally agree with olwen anderson . You have to see your doctor as soon as possible my friend. Panic attacks are not fun at all. I have them . I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder 2 years ago and Im depressed too. Fortunatley my panic attacks are not that really bad but the first year it was like hell . It would start while I was driving . My heart start to beats so fast that even my breath I couldnt control . I start to sweat and thinking that I was going to die . I would speak to myself and say' Oh God , please dont let me die now , im not ready yet!!!' I was really terrified everytime it happened . I could feel it comin as I become tensed and on the edge . I start to sweat and Full blown panic!!! . What you are mentioning here is totally the same I use to feel a year ago. I still have panic attacks but at least not that severe. I still have heart palpitations before I would fall asleep and I feel depersonalazation too sometimes. Thats really terryfying . Its like youre in a dream state . Like you are there in reality but the surrondings are not real . I hope some information I gave you would help you battling this stuff . If you need to find additional help , you can check on youtube the linden method type linden method in the box and he will give you videos about anxiety and how to cope with them . I watched them and they really make you feel relax after you watch them .

Well good luck and take care of yourself

Regards and hugs from Malta

Gillxxx

I went to the doctor and she suggested that I see a psychologist next and gave me a few names. I have an appointment on Wednesday at 7PM. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the support!

ive had the same problem. it all started when i got a uti and bacterial infection. Since then ive had severe anxiety and panic attacks. very different from the anxiety i usually experience, which i have had before and have done day programs to help get me through. I wake up at the same time every morning around 6am now (never did before) my heart racing, body shaking, extremely hungry but im sick to my stomach. I hate it! I feel like i have to eat all the time but never feel full and ive lost 10 pds in the last month and a half. Everyone keeps telling me its my thyroid but my dr says no and its anxiety. im now seeing a psych and switching from zoloft to lexapro. they told me to take xanax when i feel that way but it doesnt gettin rid of the symptoms just puts me asleep for a bit and the worst part is i still have the same issues! its ridiculous! Ive been searching on line and talking to several people who have the same symptoms and found that most drs say its anxiety but those who dont think so and kept fighting for themselves found that yes they had anxiety but it was only brought on from some underlying problem which was causing the anxiety-such as, hypoglycemia, hyperactive thyroid, fibromyalga, diabetes, Uninary tract infections and the usage of different anitbiotics at the same time to fight different infections. Only woman who had worse symptoms finally found out that she had serratonin syndrome from her depression meds that she'd been taking. So hang in there, keep fighting! Yes, you have depression and anxiety, yes there is help, yes do utilize all the help you can get, but do shop around and rule out everything else too! Eventually, everything will work out. Just dont give up hope. I feel your pain all too well and pray that you get better soon. Im fighting to get better as i write. its hard, but i refuse to give up!
Maria

I also wake up alot of mornings (not all) with a sick feeling in my stomach and diarrahea (not sure if I spelled that right); I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I am going to be making an appointment with a doctor soon to see about medications. I take xanax now on an as needed basis.

How did you make out at the doctor?

Barbara

The allergy to Xanax could be causing your rapid heart beat.  Any allergy will cause an increase in heart rate.  I have this same problem and I have Lyme disease and one of my symptoms is massive allergies. The Lyme bacteria also causes lowered Magnesium levels which can cause heart arhythmias and tachycardia.  Also have you had your adrenals checked?  This can be a symptom of adrenal fatigue.

I see it's been a year since you posted...hoping you have found the root of your problem? FYI, some people have problems with various drugs used to numb pain...so, you could have had a reaction to the novicaine or alterative the dentist used. Secondly, you could be allergic or be highly sensitive to anti-depressants and/or other drugs. I am this way. There are millions of people who are overly sensitive to drugs, yet you still have to be your own best advocate. Third, food allergies can also cause issues in the morning. I found that by elminating dairy products from my diet (including butter and even small amounts in processed foods), that most of my morning heart racing and stomach cramping, etc., ended. Once in a while I stlil have a surprise "attack," and I'm not sure why it happens, but speculate that unknown dairy may be in some foods that I was unaware of, or told there was "no dairy." Perhaps it's not dairy for you, but check food sources out if you're still suffering. And, I'm certainly not against the use of drugs if they work. If you've been on and off of drugs and are being switched from one thing to another, you might consider alternative solutions. Perhaps consider seeing a good naturopath? These doctors treat the "whole" person, not just one or two symptoms. Not knocking traditional doctors, because they certainly help for many things, but in certain areas, I have found that where traditional doctors can't help, the alternative docs are fantastic. Just be sure they're reputable!!

I have been going through this for 9 years and my anxiety was very severe I have svt that's a fast heart rate and every time it happened and sometimes it just come on its on I was put on celexa and xanx my fear was that I was going to die now I am 13weeks pregnant and can't take anything but I'm coping with it for the sake of my unborn baby my panic attacks was so bad I was going to the er everyday and I have actually jumped out of a moving car cause it seemed like I wasn't getting to the hospital fast enough . When u feel one coming on put some cold water on your face and breathe slow and pray that's about all I can do now that I'm pregnant but it helps

I have all those same symptoms and believe it or not it was food allergies.  I saw a naturopath and now I REALLY know the signs.  Sometimes I feel like my eyes are on fire and I could pass out while standing, all the while my heart is racing and I am dizzy.  WHen I have some of the foods I"m sensitive to, I'm ok for the most part but for example, CANE SUGAR gives me the worst symptoms.  I have also suffered from depression but it is amazing how good I feel now that I avoid the foods that make my body work overtime to process.

Try reading 'Hope and Help for Your Nerves' by Dr. Claire Weekes. It helped me a ton in dealing with rapid heartbeat and nausea from panic. She has amazing and simple advice that works...and she never just tell you to take deep slow breaths. That always made things worse for me. Check out the reviews on amazon too. Seriously with every penny!

You should try changing your diet also, fast paced heart when your not over weight could mean a poor diet, lack of exercise and stress. It happened to me for 3 months i had strange heart beats...would go really fast then go back to normal at odd unpredictable times, more so when stressed. I went to the hospital they took a bunch of tests, even blood samples and couldnt find the problem so i took it upon myself to do some research and for starters changed my diet also exercised more often and changed jobs. Have to say after i changed the type of food i was eating it never happened again. btw im not overweight strangely, its just a bad combo that did it.

Ive had a similar problem to you with the anxiety and waking up not feeling well. Ive had little appetite and i think i have figured that if i go to bed without having eaten anything much for the last hour then i will wake up feeling sick. I think its a stomach acid issue. What worked for me is just eat something bland like cereal before you go to bed then it should settle it. Give it a try even if you dont fancy anything, i forced myself to eat until i began to feel a little unwrll (three handfuls of cereal believe it or not) then the feeling dies and you can get to sleep. Hope it works :)

How did you find out about your food allergies? Were you tested?

Check you blood sugar. It sounds like diabetes