Hi, I have a teenage daughter who developed a fear from stores, elevators, and other crowded places. She is a normal child, but in some situations she has completely unexpected reactions. She can’t get into the store without getting a panic attack. I really hope this will past after puberty, because I only heard of cases where adults suffer from this disorder. Can a teenager really suffer from panic attacks?

Hi, you didn’t describe how these attacks look like. A real panic attack lasts no more than thirty minutes. Sympthoms are fear, dizziness, nausea and sweating. A person who has an attack also might have shortness of breath, chills and trembling. They think they’re going crazy and they see these symptoms as a proof of how their condition difficult is. Soon they start to avoid those situations and become anxious. However, this fear is irrational, and it’s called phobia. You have to ask a doctor about these panic attacks, and maybe start a treatmant. It’s betteer to cure it now while she’s still a young girl. Almost 2 percent of the Americans has panic disorder, and that affects their families, jobs and friends.