Hi, I’ve been having some strange seizures lately. My heart beats rapidly and I feel numbness in my legs. It usually happens when I have to go somewhere and meet other people. Are these panic attacks or something else?

I think it’s quite possible that you suffer from panic attacks. The symptoms are similar in people with panic disorder. A rapid heart beating is very common, and it’s usually followed by breathing difficulties, sweating and shaking. Some people even faint when they have a panic attack. There are medicines you can use for this disorder, but your doctor has to recommend them to you, because only s/he knows your medical history. It is common that people with this problem are afraid to confront others. This often leads to agoraphobia, and that’s why you have to treat it as soon as possible. People with agoraphobia are often not able to make a step out of their house. You don’t want to wait until it happens! However, you have to see a doctor to be sure that you have panic attack. You can treat it after you’re diagnosed with it.

Help! My 14 year old daughter is having major anxiety attacks. She can hardly leave the house to go to resteraunts and is very afraid to go to school. She is constantly afraid they are going to happen. The doctor has given her Prozac that she's been taking for 3 weeks no change. She has been diagnosed with depression and these attacks are making them worse. What do I do? I'm afraid for her.
Wanda

Wanda, I posted a reply under your other inquiry- just to let you know- feel free to ask any questions also- I have had some experience with anxiety!