Hi, I have both panic and heart problems. I am afraid what might happen if one day I get a heart attack, and I think that is just a panic attack. Is there anyone else with both of these problems? How do you cope with them?

Hi, my wife suffers from panic disorder. She also has a high blood pressure, and a high risk of a heart attack. I heard that symptoms of panic attacks and heart attacks can be similar, and I don’t know how will we know the difference! How could we tell if she is having a heart attack or just a panic attack? I asked a doctor, and he just told me that we have to call an ambulance if we suspect that she has a heart attack. He didn’t actually answer my question. Her symptoms of panic are shortness of breath, anxiety and indigestion. She also sweats like crazy, and has tremors.

Panic attacks have a cycle, they come and go in 20 thirty minutes. It's not unusual for people to wait 4 or 5 hours before they go to the hospital for heart attack. The doctors say "Go to the hospital right away" I say sure if you pay for it, the hospitals are like gangsters the way they force tests and expensive procedures you don't need. The common Aspirin is your best friend