Since I’ve been diagnosed with cancer panic attacks started. I am on daily cancer therapy. I can’t cope with this. I am frightened and under constant stress day after day. I think that anxiety physically affects me. My heart is thumping sometimes I feel pain in stomach, like cramps, and I got need to urinate that instant moment. My neck became tense and sore. I am desperate!

If you have been diagnosed with cancer, it is normal to be anxious. Symptoms like sore neck and thumping heart are signs of anxiety. If you are repeatedly in stressful situations throughout the day, such as having cancer treatment, seeing doctors, going through tests and remembering your medications, your body does not have enough time to rest and return to normal between each stressful event. Everyone deals with things in their own way. A lot depends on other circumstances in your life. The most important thing is that you find way to deal with your feelings.

Hi There, I suffer from anxiety and can't imagine what it would be like to have cancer as well. You should be so proud that you are still on your feet and moving, even if it seems like it's all insurmountable. Noone can ever know what it is like to have an anxiety attack unless they have been there. A couple of books I can recommend to you... 'Absolute Happiness - by Michael Domeyko Rowland' and also 'Embracing Your Inner Critic - By Hal and Sidra Stone'. Don't worry about the titles, between these two books you will find some very valuable tools to take with you along your journey. Remember friend, in this day and age, the chances of making a complete recovery from cancer are huge compared to what they are, and your chances only INCREASE as each day goes by. All the best.