I'm 19 years old and I've never tried smoking weed or any drugs before. But like any other teenager, I got curious and wanted to try weed after my best friend told me that it is fun. The first time i smoked weed, it made me feel really good. I found everything to be super funny. I only had 2 puffs and I was already high but it was a good high.

During my final exam (about 2 months ago), my friend suggested that we did it again just to blow off some stress over studying so hard. So I agreed to it. But this time, we did a spliff. It was my second time smoking it and i think i may have overdid it. We did our own parachute bong and I had the whole bong to myself. I got too high and that may have triggered the panic attack. I felt like I was GOING TO DIE!!. My heart just wouldn't stop beating and I thought my chest was going to explode. I couldn't feel any part of my body(everything was NUMB!!) and I had really sweaty palms and feet. It felt like I was in a dream motion kind of thing and my head was just spinning like crazy. It was the worst experience ever.

My best friend knew that I was having a panic attack, so she talked me through it. After about 1 and a half hour, I felt quite better again. I wasn't sober yet but the panic attack was not as intense as before and I manage to get some sleep. The next morning, I felt a little better. I went to take a shower. After the shower, I felt really tired, dizzy and nausea. So I laid down for about 20 minutes or so and got back up to go to class (it was my last class). So after my last class, I went home and slept it off. I felt normal again the next 2 weeks.

But one night, I remembered the event of me having the panic attack. All of a sudden, the panic attack came back. And from that night on, I've never recovered. I'm always dizzy, light-headed, nausea, sweating and feeling anxious and panicky. I'm always scared of having a panic attack. I feel like this will happen forever. I want to feel normal again.

So I went to the clinic and told the doctor of the panic attacks. He gave me Xanax (0.5mg) and told me to eat 1 tablet every night before I go to sleep. So I did that for the next 5 nights (he gave me only 5 tablets).  It helped me with my sleep. I usually have restless nights but after taking Xanax, I slept very well. But I would get like a hangover the next day. I would feel dizzy and light-headed. So I went back to the clinic and the doctor gave me Vitamin B Complex and Dimenhydrinate (Gravol) but I don't like to eat them cause they give me diarrhea.

Ever since that second panic attack, I've never felt normal. I really wanna get rid of these panic attacks and stop feeling anxious or nervous about everything. I will never ever smoke weed again. My question is how to overcome a panic attack? Will I ever feel normal and in the right state of mind again? Will I ever go back to the way I felt before? And if I can get over this feeling and be normal again, will I ever get the panic attacks back? And how long does it take for you to feel normal again?

Try to think positive and consitrate on one thing forget about your heart beating fast breathe slowly too breathing fast cause your body to go numb try to relax drink water nd just try to forget it nd clear your mind the more you think of having a panic attack the more youl have them

I've experienced something very similar to what you're describing. The likelihood of your situation, whether you believe it or not, is that once that bad cannabis trip goes further and further back in your memory, you'll no longer have anxiety like what you're experiencing. The most beneficial solution is to focus your mind on what's ahead. So you got wiped out by a drug a while back. It's no big deal. You have to tell yourself that because it's likely the truth of the matter. You have not been permanently damaged by cannabis. You merely experienced a wipe-out. It opened your mind to the fact that it is indeed possible to feel that bad. Now you know firsthand that you are capable of experiencing that much panic. But you know where it came from. You know no one's going to force you to smoke again. It's in the past, and will only go further into the past. It will become more and more insignificant and your anxiety related to the whole issue should as well as time goes by.

Hey my dear! this panic attack happens to me 6 months ago! to be exact march 28, 2013 ! it was hell same as u are..

axiety disorder occurs a week after you got panic attack..

im not a doctor but I want you to stop taking med cuz it getting worse ! just for me.

Just face the fear and bear it in your mid thats an illusion(not true)!

AND QUIT SMOKING,DRINKING(ALCHOL)& Other bad stuff...

now I feel great today !94% back to normal..!

just stay put! and relax.!

True. Facing fears helps. That means solving your life problems... Best of luck!:)

i feel exactly this way now... and mystory is exactly as yours. please can you tell me if you feel better now? Thank you