Hi, my mother will have a surgery in few days, and she keeps having panic attacks. She is so scared, and I don’t know how to help her. She is sweating all the time, and feeling dizzy. Did anybody else have panic attacks before surgery?

Hi, I had two small surgeries in the last four years, and before each one, I had a panic attack. On next Monday, I will have hysterectomy, which is more serious than previous surgeries. I know what will happen soon. In maybe three days from now, I will have the first symptoms of panic before surgery. I will feel nausea, tremors, my whole body will be sweating and I will probably faint at least once. I guess my adrenalin is being released much earlier than it should be. That’s what has happened before, and it probably won’t be any different now. I don’t know why do I have those panic attacks before surgeries! Everybody’s scared, it’s normal, but not like me.