My 15 month old son started having seizures on the 15th of July. The first seizure was while he was sleeping and he had a fever with it. He had four more two days later within a 24 hour period without a fever. He had blood tests, an EEG, and an MRI while we were in the hospital which all came back normal. In between his seizures he would have what looked like black outs for a split second and then come to like nothing happened. They sent us home from the hospital and for two weeks he was fine. Then he came down with a fever and the day after his fever went away he had a black out, the day after his black out he had two more seizures without a fever. In the hospital they did more tests and a spinal tap again all came back normal. They have put him on medication (Topamax) but there have been no answers they say they aren't feribrile seizures. If anyone has been in this situation or has any thoughts as to what may be going on I would love to here.

I had a simliar story... my son (13 months old) had been sick with throwing up and diarrea (NO FEVER THOUGH) and was taking a nap in my arms when he experienced his first seizure... we called 911 and in the ER my son experienced another seizure about 2 hours after the first... He had a CT scan, spinal tap, blood work done, xrays, etc... all came back fine. They still ruled it gastroenteritis (basically a bad stomach bug) he experienced another seizure 4 days later. We were even ambulanced 2 hours away to a childrnes hospital and they told us the same diagnosis... it was really scary and it has been 3 weeks since that last seizure... they told us it probably wont happen again but we have been unsure of the diagnosis and scared to leave him alone. He will have an MRI done in about a month... did they do testing on your child? How has he been and more seizures?

my son is 16 months old he had his first seizure about 5 wks ago but ended up having four in about 7 hours his doctor did ct scan a lumper puncture and eeg all came back clear and put it down to a virus due to his white cell count being a little high. he then had another lot of seizures 5 weeks later 7 of them he had no fever and when bloods were done his white cell count was normal. they are now really concern and have told me they didnt expect him really to come back but he did so they now tell me some babies dont show up on the eeg that they have epilepsy. they are treating him for epilepsy which is rather scarry his on some pretty strong medication and will be for some time. we have to take one day at a time.